Artisan’s Asylum, Inc. is a non-profit community fabrication center. Our mission is to support and promote the teaching, learning and practice of fabrication.
To support that mission we offer the following:
– Shared fabrication tools and equipment in electronics, robotics, woodworking, jewelry and metalsmithing, welding, precision machining, rapid prototyping, digital fabrication, fiber arts, screen printing and more
– A large range of affordable, publicly-accessible classes offered by local artisans, focusing on either creating a final product the student can take home after the class or general training for specific tools
– Affordable monthly memberships that include access to our facility on weekends and after typical working hours
– Space and equipment rentals to monthly members interested in having access to design and fabrication equipment without having to invest in capital equipment and long-term space leases
– On-site material and project storage allowing members to create and store projects without the hassle of handling material and storage logistics
– Host and promote related events with the goal of encouraging fabrication communities, shares spaces & culture
We occupy a 40,000 square foot warehouse in the old Ames Safety Envelope facility at 10 Tyler St. We’d love to show you around! Check our daily tour times and directions and parking information.